- This event has passed.
ONGOING ADMISSION FOR ADILT PROGRAMME AT GIMPA
May 2, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
GHANA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (GIMPA)
(Centre of Excellence for training in Leadership, Management and Administration)
In collaboration with
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Ghana (CILT Ghana)
Is pleased to invite prospective applicants to enroll in the:
INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT – ADILT, WEEKDAY COURSE (EVENING STREAM)
The Advanced Diploma gives strategic management, leadership and decision-making skills to enable senior managers and leaders aspire to the highest levels of logistics, supply chain and transport management. After completion, participants are expected to become familiar with strategic and analytical concepts and research methodologies and use them in their day to day management role.
It is the final level of the CILT International Professional programmes, and builds on the Certificate and Diploma foundations.
At the end of the course, it is expected that participants will be able to:
• Use the skills and knowledge acquired to succeed in one of the most important, enjoyable and financially rewarding sections of the economy.
• Play a key role in the oil and gas economy emerging in the country.
• Qualify to be considered for election or upgrade to Chartered Member Grade (CMILT).
• Participate in all activities of the CILT, both local and international.
• Enjoy the benefits of a new type of career continuity that CILT offers its members.
• Be ushered into a wide array of logistics, supply chain and transport professionals for invaluable networking and career continuing professional development.
The programme is a trimester programme with an average of sixteen (16) weeks per semester, with the last semester used for Project work. The programme commences on Monday, May 16, 2016.
To achieve success at the CILT Advanced Diploma qualification, students must complete five mandatory units as follows:
• ADIP-01 Strategic Contexts
• ADIP-02 Leadership and Strategic Management
• ADIP-03 Strategic Network Planning
• ADIP-04 Delivering Strategic Performance
• ADIP-05 Research Methods and Professional Project
This course is designed for middle level managers and senior supervisors working in the field of logistics, supply chain and transport, freight forwarders, personnel in supply and transport in the armed forces, police, fire service and CEPS. The others are warehousing and stores managers, airline workers, shipping company workers and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
Teaching will consist of classroom contact lectures, case studies, video shows, field trips, group research and presentations, seminars, practitioners fora, among others.
Entry qualifications shall be as follows:
• International diploma in logistics and transport of the chartered institute of logistics and transport
• Degree/Masters in logistics, supply chain, transport or closely-related discipline with any accredited institution.
The course fee for the programme is £150 (International fees) for both Ghanaian and Non-Ghanaians) and GH¢3,500.00 for Ghanaians and GH¢3,700.00 for Non-Ghanaians (Local fees).
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International holds the Charter for its International programmes since 1926; recognised by the UK National Qualifications Framework (Level Six), which places the programme at the equivalent level of an academic degree. CILT International has been in partnership with GIMPA to run its international programmes in Ghana since 2004.
The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana provides valuation of the Advanced Diploma certificate as equivalent to a university degree.
Lectures will be held on the GIMPA campus.
The programme is facilitated by experienced GIMPA and CILT faculty (full time and adjunct), as well as visiting industry experts.
Course Delivery Structure
The mode of course delivery will be on a part-time basis. Lectures would be held in the evenings from 5:00pm – 8:00 pm every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Mode of application
The application form may be obtained from our website www.gimpa.edu.gh and www.ciltgh.org and paid for at Unibank (A/C No. 0510110559613) GIMPA branch before submission and the pay-in slip submitted at the GIMPA cash office for the application form at the cost of GH¢150.00.
Centre for Management Development – GIMPA
P. O. Box AH50, Achimota
Tel: 050-1432845, 0303-930457/58 or 0302-401681-3 ext. 2125/2236
NOTE: Closing date for submission of application forms: Friday, May 6, 2016.