KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY (KsTU)
INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE LEARNING & CONTINUING EDUCATION
(DEPARTMENT OF CONTINUOUS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT)
In collaboration with
THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT)
is pleased to invite prospective applicants to enroll on the:
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT / DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT / ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT PROGRAMMES
The courses aim at equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to manage logistics, transport and general supply chain operations in their respective organisations.
Among other objectives, the participants will be able to:
- Professionally manage inventories and warehouse operations
- Evaluate financing options for transport acquisition and operations
- Effectively handle goods and services distribution
- Appreciate the strategic role of Logistics and Transport in the organizations’ operations
This course is designed for senior managers, middle line managers and supervisors working in the field of logistics and transport, Freight Forwarders, personnel in the Supply and Transport department in Government Institutions, the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service and CEPS. The others are Warehousing and Stores Managers, Airline Workers, professionals working in Shipping companies and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
Benefits of the course include the following:
- An opportunity to join and qualify for membership of the world’s most established professional body for Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain with post-nominal such as MILT, CMILT
- Participate in Continuous Professional Developments (CPDs) offered by CILT for its members.
A. INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT – CILT
Candidates must successfully complete four (4) modules through examinations (3 compulsory and 1 optional)
The course consists of the following three (3) compulsory modules;
- Module A – Supply Chain Management
- Module B – Business Theory
- Module C – Business Applications
- Candidates are to undertake an additional one module from the Optional modules listed below
- Warehousing Management
- Procurement Management
- Global Logistics
- Green Logistics
- Passenger Transport Operation
- Freight Operations
- Port Operations
- Transport Planning
To qualify for this programme, participants should have been educated up to either Senior High School (SHS), GCE Ordinary or Advanced Levels with a minimum of credit passess; or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Mature Entrance examination will be taken by applicants who are 27 years and above but do not meet the academic qualification for only the certificate level.
B. INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT – DILT
Candidates must successfully complete five (5) modules through examinations (2 compulsory + 1 elective + 2 optional) or (2 compulsory + 2 elective + 1 optional)
The course consists of the following two (2) compulsory modules;
- Module A – 1. Management in Logistics and Transport
- Module B – 2. Supply Chain Management
Candidates are to undertake additional one or two modules from the modules listed below
- Module A – Transport Planning
- Module B – Transport Operations
Candidates are also to undertake additional one or two modules from the Optional modules listed below
- Inventory Management
- Sourcing and Procurement
- Warehousing Management
- Project Management
- Movement of Goods
- Movement of People
- Production Planning
- Retail Logistics
- Transport and Society
- International Business/Global logistics
- Supply Chain Flow Planning
- Supply Chain Network Planning
Applicants must have the following:
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or
- University First Degree and/or HND (or equivalencies) coupled with relevant areas of study.
- Additional work experience in a Logistics and Transport environment for a minimum of three years.
C. INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT – ADILT
- The Advanced Diploma aims to give senior managers and leaders strategic management and decision-making skills to enable them to aspire to the highest levels of management.
- The Advanced Diploma also includes organisational planning. Participants are expected to become familiar with analytical concepts and to use them in their management role. In addition, they will be aware of ethical issues, sustainability and global environmental issues.
Candidates must successfully complete five (5) Compulsory modules as follows:
1. Strategic Contexts
2. Leadership and Strategic Management
3. Strategic Network Planning
4. Delivery Strategic Performance
5. Research Methods and Professional Projects
Applicants must have the following:
- International Diploma in Logistics and Transport of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or
- First Degree/Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport or related discipline with an accredited institution.
- Additional work experience in a Logistics and Transport environment for a minimum of three years
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport (CILT): Students are to pay a sum of GHC 2,600.00 for facilitation and branch registration. In addition, Students will pay an equivalent of £170 TO CILT for International Student Registration.
- International Diploma in Logistics and Transport (DILT): Students are to pay a sum of GHC 3,000.00 for facilitation and branch registration. In addition, Students will pay an equivalent of £200 TO CILT for International Student Registration.
- International Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport (ADILT): Students are to pay a sum of GHC 3,600.00 for facilitation and branch registration. In addition, students will pay an equivalent of £230 TO CILT for International Student Registration.
(A) International Certificate in Logistics and Transport (CILT): The programme covers one (1) semester (Five (5) Months teaching plus One (1) Month of revision, assignments and examination)
(B) International Diploma in Logistics and Transport (DILT): The programme covers two (2) semesters
(C) International Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport (ADILT): The programme covers trimesters (3)
VENUE: Lectures will be held on the KsTU – Amakom Campus, Kumasi
FACULTY: The programme will be facilitated by experienced KsTU, CILT faculty and experts from the industry.
COURSE DELIVERY SCHEDULE:
Saturdays: 8:00am – 6:00pm for All levels.
- We may also have evening options depending on the number of applicants from 5:00pm – 8:00pm Mondays – Fridays
The programme will commence on November 2021
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application forms may be obtained from KsTU – Institute of Distance Learning and Continuous Education (IDCE) (Professional Programmes) last floor of the multipurpose (MP) block.
Application fee: GHC50.00
For Further Enquiries, Contact:
The Department of Professional and Continuous Development of IDCE
P O. Box 854, Kumasi
Or visit www.ciltgh.org for more information
Note: optional courses that do not have a minimum of ten (10) students will not run.
The closing date for submission of application forms is on 30th November, 2021