VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF A WORKSHOP MANAGER
A reputable Financial Institution with physical presence across the entire country seeks to recruit committed and hardworking professionals for the position of Workshop Manager for its Transport Department.
The Workshop Manager is the Head of the Maintenance Section of the Transport Department and report to the Transport Manager of the Institution and directly supervises the various Sub-Sectional Heads at the workshop.
Provide adequate and cost effective maintenance through Prevent Maintenance Program so as to achieve appropriate levels of vehicle availabilities, safety and longevity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Technology or Mechanical Engineering with automobile option OR
- Graduate Diploma in Vehicle Engineering from a recognize University or Professional Body OR
- Graduate / Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport with an HND or its equivalent qualification in Automobile Engineering.
- A minimum of five (5) years workshop management experience in a reputable organization or motor industry.
- Must be a member of engineering or transport related professional body.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge in fleet management would be an advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
Technical and Technological competencies:
- Ability to read and understand the theory behind the design and function of engineering components.
- Ability to interpret vehicle workshop manual for repairs and replacement.
- Ability to diagnose and trace faults manually and by the use of modern electronic diagnostic equipments.
- Ability to repair or replace faulty components.
Managerial and other Attributes competencies:
- Should have organizational, planning, monitoring and controlling skills
- Should have self-motivation and highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Should have strong customer focus, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Should have good leadership, analytical and deduction skills
- Should have good presentation and report writing skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operation and management of the organization’s Transport workshop and multi-skilled staff, and with due regards to environmental best practices.
- Provide adequate and cost effective maintenance through Preventive Maintenance Programme so as to achieve appropriate levels of vehicle availability, safety and longevity.
- Coordinate activities of the Diesel, Petrol, Electrical, Vulcanizing, Body works and Spraying Sub-Sections of the workshop.
- Ensure the adherence to health, safety, security and housekeeping standards at the transport workshop.
- Liaise with outside garages for major repair works to be undertaken on the organization’s
- Monitor and control monthly vehicle budget allocation of the Maintenance Section to avoid over spending.
- Put measure in place for quality control checks to minimize vehicle breakdown and return jobs.Monitor stock re-order levels at the Spare-parts and Lubricants Stores and advice on its replenishment to ensure un-interrupted transport services.
- Liaise with accredited external garages to ensure prompt and effective maintenance services for the organization’s vehicles.
- Liaise with the Area / Branch Offices to ensure the timely release of the organization’s vehicles for routine services maintenance.
- Consolidate, analyse and prepare monthly reports on maintenance activities for each vehicle as a means of monitoring the trend of running expenses.
- Facilitate the valuation and disposal of the organization’s unserviceable vehicles.
Mode of Application
All application letters should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary
Closing date is Thursday November 17, 2016