Career Opportunity – Accounts Officer for CILT Ghana Secretariat
The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT, Ghana) is the leading international professional body associated with logistics and transport. CILT advance and promote the study of the science and art of logistics and transport through its membership and education. The institute sets the highest standards of professional practice through education, a comprehensive qualifications framework, career experience, professional grades and continuing professional development. CILT Ghana coordinates with other professional institutions and the educational sector to raise training and educational standards in keeping with our code of professional standards.
The Institute is seeking to employ an Accounts Officer for its National Office in Accra.
The Accounts Officer will be responsible for day to day finances of the Institute. This officer must provide assistance for best practices in accounting and financial management of the Institute.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounts Officer will perform the following tasks as part of his/her responsibilities and duties:
- Assist the Vice President – Finance to prepare monthly and yearly financial reports
- Assist in running the day to day accounting and finance activities
- Preparation and reconciliation of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Providing an efficient and accurate accounts system.
- Ensure that petty cash are properly and timely accounted for.
- Prepare weekly and monthly Bank reconciliation statement
- Prepare & pay monthly payroll
- Prepare and pay SSNIT & 2nd Tier Pension returns
- Ensure proper receipt and documentation are made for refunds
- Ensure that all reimbursement claims are approved by authorized persons
- Prompt invoicing and collection of funds due the Institute.
- Making follow-ups on payments of funds due the Institute thereby increasing revenue.
- Proper book or record keeping and timely release of documents to the Institute’s Auditors for prompt auditing of accounts.
- Document assets of Institute
- Any other jobs/tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Job Requirements / Specifications
- Highly motivated, results oriented and flexible with the skills to build effective long term relationships with CILT and the ability to help build a strong CILT brand.
- The ability to use initiative, including judgement and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working in accounting.
- Attention to detail and numeracy proficiency
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and adapt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the institution
- Assertiveness, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-reliant and ability to work independently
- Excellent team worker and team player and able to help out with other team members’ tasks should the need arise; and as and when required by the Institute’s executives
- Ability to work under pressure and for long hours
- Excellent computer proficiency including skills in account software, database management and office suite
- Higher Diploma (HND) in Accounting or equivalent qualification with relevant work experience of at least 1 – 3 years
- A member of CILT will be an added advantage
- Governing Council
- Programmes Coordinators
- Fellow Employees; and
- CILT Membership
- Training/Education Providers;
- Corporate Members
- Corporate Partners
- Logistics and Transport companies
- The media; and
- The general public
Attractive with benefits. CILT has a competitive salary range among similar professional bodies
The Accounts Officer shall report to the Vice President – Finance
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV via email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org latest by January 13, 2018. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.